Friday, December 10, 2010

Lithuania dates announced


I got an email yesterday with the dates for the Summer Literary Seminar in Vilnius. It will be July 31st-August 13th. Somehow I didn't realize that the program was two weeks. I thought it was only one, but I guess I just made that up.

So, wow! Two weeks in Lithuania. I think two weeks is a good amount of time to get a feel for a city. Back in 2000 I spent two weeks in Amsterdam and by the end of that trip, I felt connected to the city in a less touristy way. It's also great to not have to pick and choose which things you want to see, you can see them all.

I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited. I'll be staying in a hostel. I'm about to get online to see how much the flights are and how many layovers it will require. Maybe I can get to spend a day in London and see old friends.

Having the date makes it real now. And it makes me really have to buckle down and save money!

No comments: